2yo Classic and Family Fun Day
The 2yo Classic and Family Fun Day on Saturday 12 June is Cluden Park’s largest family race day event of the year.
Enjoy the best that racing has to offer in an environment suitable for the whole family. Kids under 12 and grandparents receive free entry. For every ticket purchased $1.00 will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) North Australia who are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
The 2yo Classic and Family Fun Day boasts many age-appropriate activities for children of all ages and live racing action for racing enthusiasts.
We're excited to have Ghostly Games bringing the fun with their mobile truck game-theatre entertaining with the best video games! Our favourite rides and slides will also be there for an exciting afternoon.
- Gates open at 11am
- Ghostly Games will be on site from opening until 6pm to provide video games and entertainment.
- Jumping castles and face painting will add to the fun and are free of charge.
- Pass by the new day stalls and come face-to-face with a thoroughbred racehorse too!
- Pre-purchase a picnic hamper or choose from the delicious options available.
- Relax under the shade, with tables set up on our fig tree lawns.
- Enter the kids and grandparents in our Fashion Stakes.
- Keep the kids occupied with competitions, including our much loved Hobby Horse Race at 1:15pm, while enjoying the racing action trackside.
Race enthusiasts can enjoy the thrill of a full racing program, highlighted by the Queensland Thoroughbred Incentive Scheme’s (QTIS) feature event: the 2yo Classic.
Fashion Stakes Competition Details
Participate in kids and grandparents fashion stakes for amazing prizes at 1pm. Prizes will be handed out to winners from four categories:
- Best Dressed Boy
- Best Dressed Girl
- Most Stylish Duo (Grandparent and Grandchild)
Our catering partner Michel's will make sure you don’t have a chance to go hungry with a food van operating all day, an all-you-can-eat lunch (numbers limited due to COVID) available from the Sports Bar and delicious picnic hampers available for pre-order.
Safety for our guests is a top priority. There will be a check in zone for parents to register kids’ details upon entry in case of separation. The zone will also be equipped with sunscreen.
Get your Eventbrite tickets!
Cluden Park, home of the Townsville Turf Club, honours 140 years of tradition and is forging a new path for events and entertainment in the region.